Roseland

Roseland

Music

Monday, December 11, 2006

Skybird & Alfie

Skybird is my devoted cockatiel. He likes me and only me & wants me in his sight if possible! Alfie, our newcomer cockatiel, is shy and doesn't trust me yet.

I began thinking about this a few days ago. Skybird lives for my attention.
Now it took a long time for him to trust me, but once he decided to, he trusts me completely and would be content sitting on my shoulder all day long, just being with me. The perks: he has the freedom to go upstairs with me while I shower or iron or wrap gifts, the freedom to sit on my shoulder while I'm at the computer, and the freedom to perch on top of his cage nearby when I'm busy in the kitchen. Now Alfie doesn't get that freedom because he hasn't learned to trust me and therefore won't come to me even when I coax him over and over.

Isn't that like faith in the Lord? If we put our trust in Jesus, we yearn to be in communion with Him continually, and in turn, He will take us to places, situations, & relationships, we'd never go on our own. We become free because of being with Him.

I'm hopeful Alfie will gradually trust me; then he will have freedom like Skybird.
Can I be so trusting and devoted to Jesus as Skybird is to me--to be with Him, therefore free?

No comments: