Roseland

Roseland

Music

Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Pet Peeve

One of my biggest irritations in the past few years is getting these emails that say "you know you're getting older when", or something to that affect:(
Or, "remember when..?"

I'm one of those people who don't mind telling my age, or mind getting older. Actually I'm very thankful for every day:)! But, at the same time, I don't 'feel' older than my 20 year old daughter (unless I've worked on my feet 5 days in a row!). I'm in better shape than I was years ago. I walk every day and having started running a little. Skye & I are on Weight Watcher's & losing weight & hopefully will keep at it.

I still find it strange to see a silver-haired lady staring back at me as I glance in a mirror in a department store. Will that ever go away?

Most ladies in mid life dye their hair. I toy with that idea, but haven't done it yet. I'm really going for the platinum look, like Marilyn Monroe's--ha, ha:) Seriously, I try to stay fashionably up to date but the hair color is time, fuss and expensive.

So, to those dear, sweet, friends who love to forward things, don't send me those emails:) I'll just delete them and thank the Lord I'm the age I am:)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Ok,Ok! I will quit sending them! I agree with you about the silver (or in my case gray) haired lady looking back in the mirror. I will never feel "old". I will deny it like Mama! I will always feel like that skinny teenager inside!

Love,Christy