Roseland

Roseland

Music

Sunday, August 12, 2007

A learning experience!

This past week I haven't written a thing here, hardly answered emails, and basically have been treading water!

I've been "pretending" to be manager at "The Card Store":) Our real manager is on a well deserved vacation in the mts. of Wy., hiking and camping with her son & his wife, and her dear hubby:) It's far, far away from our sultry, parched, August summer here in Apex, and far, far removed from any responsibilities of her Store here in Apex:)

After walking in her shoes for a week, or at least trying, I've learned more than I ever thought I could learn:)) I've asked 100's of questions and everyone has been helpful & understanding, especially the girls I work with day in and day out:) Bless their hearts!

I have 3 & 1/2 days left to organize the paperwork/computer spread sheets/balance the deposits, 3 & 1/2 days to help The Store run smoothly and encourage my fellow workers, 3 & 1/2 days to help customers with special needs.

I can't appreciate my dear manager more! She's has a calling and does it seemingly without effort and with charm and grace. What a blessing she is to so many:) Thank you, Yvonne:) Here's hoping you are refreshed, renewed, and recharged when you return!

No comments: