Roseland

Roseland

Music

Monday, March 24, 2008

Grief For Two Walkers

In the past years Pat Adolfi & his dog Dash were regular strollers along the Lake Pine walkway. I didn't know his first name till recently, and only read his last name this week)
Dash was a Mastiff, a huge gentle canine who loped along side Pat, and 'loping' is exaggerating; he moved slowly. I would always say to Pat "Dash is jogging in his mind":)
He'd laugh and agree.
Pat was friendly to all, always with a smile and a "good morning" for fellow trail travelers.
Sadly, tragically, Pat took his life sometime on 3/15, after losing Dash a few months ago.
There will be a gathering at the new Mexican restaurant on Lake Pine this Sat. afternoon at 3pm to honor and raise a toast to Pat and Dash.
One less ray of sunshine.
They will be missed:(


From the obits in Rome, NY:
Pat Adolfi passed away very suddenly in Apex, NC on March 15, 2008.

To this day, if we say our last name in Syracuse, someone will ask if we know Pat. Then they would chuckle at some fond story about him. Pat had a strong emotional effect on people.

He is survived by his parents, Robert and Rosemary Adolfi, his three brothers, Scott, Steve and Chris, along with six nephews, two nieces, three sister-in-laws, dozens of relatives and friends who will miss him forever.

RomeSentinel.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat was my next door neighbor for many years. Pat was 17 when I was born...he and his brothers were like extended uncles for me.

Growing up next to Pat and his family made my childhood complete. They were never too busy to play catch with me, or take me for ice cream. While doing so, they taught me to always be respectful, and live each day to its fullest.

I'll especially miss Pat, who by a long shot, was the ham of the family. His laugh and his smile are embedded in me.

My dad will especially miss having a beer with you on the back porch.

Love Jake

bcMc said...

Thank you for sharing. I wish I'd known him well. The little I did was a blessing:)
Brenda

Anora McGaha said...

Very sad to hear of this. Sometimes a person's pain is just too much to bear.

Thank you for posting it, it helps link our community together.

I'd greeted Pat and Dash a dozen times over the past few years walking around Lake Pine.

Though I don't know names of most everyone I greet (and sometimes don't greet) there was no missing Dash. We always wanted to stop and see that amazing animal who looked like a baby elephant. Now I also know Pat's name. He was always warm and welcoming.

John P R said...

Hi - my name is John Ryan... I was Pat Adolfi's college roommate from 1981-1984... I just wanted to thank you for your kind words.. the picture they paint truely depicts Pat... I take great comfort from reading them and smiled as I did, seeing Pat kept his humor and his love for big dogs, over the years. Thank you again,

Sincerely,

John Ryan
JRyan11275@aol.com
Columbus OH

Pat Queen said...

We walked by the memorial bench today, my five year old wheaten terrier girl Guinness and I. I carried on a one sided conversation with her about the first time we met Pat and Dash, our neighbors at the Summit Apartments. She was just a puppy then, staring up in awe at the gentle, majestic Mastiff. He leaned down (ever so slowly) and gently nuzzled her. Pat was always friendly, with a story to share about Dash each time we passed each other on our walks. I miss them.
~Pat Queen

Pat Queen said...

We walked up to the memorial bench this morning at Lake Pine in Apex, My five year old wheaten terrier Guinness and I. I carried on a one-sided conversation with her about the first time we met our Summit Apartment neighbors, Pat and Dash.
She was just a pup, about six months old, staring up in awe at the majestic, gentle Mastiff. He leaned down (ever so slowly) and nuzzled her. She fell in love.
Pat was always fun to stop and talk to as we passed on our walks.
We miss them both.