Roseland

Roseland

Music

Thursday, February 26, 2009

February Thoughts and Prayers

 
Here is a picture overlooking the lake from Lake Pine walking trail at sunrise this past week.
The following morning was even more spectacular; gorgeous pinks coloring the new day---just no camera that morning:)

As I'm walking I'm thinking & pondering:
I am discouraged about the ministry group my friend Lou & I co-facilitate. Our group members seem to be diminishing, church leadership doesn't seem supportive, and Lou & I have been trying hard to convince one or two leadership folks to attend an inspirational mercy conference--no one yet is able or willing.

A friend has serious health problems & will begin treatment once again in April.

My father in law is slowing fading away with congestive heart failure. How is my mother in law dealing with this??

Skye is doing well with her App. studies, but hasn't made girlfriends yet.....
Hurray that she's coming home this weekend:)

A neighbor is having anxiety attacks, feels guilty she's quitting her 'mercy' profession after 32 years, & doesn't know what to do next....

Another neighbor is sad because her mom is so distant; it breaks her heart.

Would love to travel some place fun for our 40th anniversary, or my 60th birthday, in 2009.

I've asked my family to help me paint/put up crown molding in my bedroom as my Mother's Day gift:) They've agreed; I'm thankful:)

My brother came to have lunch with me recently:) Made my day! And to top that off he wants to come again--made my day again:)

Will I ever learn not to judge others?

Could I ever stamp gluttony out of my life? Do I possess any discipline??

Finished "The Shack". Still chewing on that one. God, what is Your take?

So many people losing jobs--it's scary:(


LORD, I am so grateful you are Sovereign!!







Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As always, enjoyed your thoughts, it also makes me think harder about things. thanks for your "ponderings"
God is good, LOL Linda