Roseland

Roseland

Music

Friday, May 21, 2010

A Tough Thing To Hear; The 'D' Word.

This week, Tuesday, I stopped by my doctor's office to have a TB test. While there I asked for a few minutes with my doctor to discuss recent lab blood work results.
The office called last Friday notifying me that my lab tests indicated signs of renal failure; the 'D' word was mentioned...
Dr. Jordon made time for me immediately and gave me her undivided attention.
The verdict?
Yep--Diabetes.
The 'D' word has been dogging me for years. The thought of it drove me to Weight Watcher's a few years ago. After losing 25 lbs. I simply became lazy and fell into cahoots with old gluttony once again:(
Gulp.
The kidneys are hit hard with high blood pressure, carrying too much weight,  loving sweets in excess.
My walking, which my doctor loves (and I enjoy!), simply cannot overcome all that. Walking is a diabetics best friend, but losing weight is equally important.
So, what will I do with this diagnosis?

I need to change.
I have a sugar addiction.
God, this is hard. Help me with self control.

No comments: