Roseland

Roseland

Music

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanksgiving Fair

Life tends to be unfair. Now, I don't know who came up with the notion that life should be fair (I'm sure it's an American idea), but most of us buy into it, hook, line, & sinker.
Well--surprise, it isn't!
I know you're shocked.
I am always shocked when I beat my head against the unfairness "wall". Oh my, & I whine with the best, & complain, & carry on like a 5 year old:( And I'm long past 5.
My latest tirade: I have to work all Thanksgiving week. And Skye is coming home. And Keith's niece Molly is visiting for the week. This is her first visit in years--who will entertain Molly? When will I see Skye? I've really missed her this summer & fall:( And they both are craving home cooked meals...well, so am I!

But, many people work all week. I'm not the only one--Not. At. All.
And it will turn out ok, I'm sure.
I can see Skye & Molly in the evenings. They can meet me for lunch. Seth & Kelley can have them over. Cameron can drop in. I will have Thanksgiving Day off. Plus a BIG THANKS to my DIL, Kelley, (& Seth) who has offered her house for the feast on Thursday:)
Bless your heart, Kelley:)
Then Keith can gather the troops Friday & Saturday.

I'm not sure why it's worked out that my co-worker Jane & I are carrying the load next week, but our manager Yvonne & co-worker Toni need to spend time away, cuddling with grandchildren. There's nothing in me that can argue that loving on grandkids is less important than my schedule.
My kids are adults & they can do fine without me (did I really say that)??

Attitude is a decision.
Pray I will have a thankful attitude as I celebrate Thanksgiving this year:) Because I am so grateful for my countless blessings:)!





No comments: