Roseland

Roseland

Music

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Time Whisperspace


Christmastime in Apex

This is a beautifully decorated storefront in downtown Apex.
I love the creative "winter wonderland" entrance to this unique gift shop. It's a new business & I pray it will be able to weather the economic times we're in.

Another favorite shop in downtown had to close this year, Out Of The Kiln. Makes me sad:( They crafted many of the pottery items they sold.

Small businesses are a risk in this financial climate, but they can offer some unusual & artsy gifts, often handmade, that aren't found in every store throughout every plaza or mall.

I work in a gift shop/card shop, & far too often I see products we sell in every gift shop around, plus shops in other states as well! (I'm afraid far, far too many items are made in China) We do sell some local items & are proud to do so:)

America, we need to use our pocketbooks & vote for unique, quality made craftsmanship!
Etsy online is one place that offers handmade one of a kind gifts. Consider checking them out. And I'm sure there are more sites. But first of all, buy at local small businesses that are not inundated with mass produced products, & their personal service will be an added blessing:)

Merry Christmas, friends:)
May you be blessed by a beautifully made present this year that will bring you much joy:)

No comments: