Roseland

Roseland

Music

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Am I confused? Or what?

On Halloween night I went in to work at Hallmark, excited that I might see some cute ghosts and goblins dropping by throughout the evening:) Instead I spent the entire time decorating a Christmas tree. Evidently all the kids were elsewhere ringing doorbells. (Were they afraid to come in because of the Christmas lights?)

Now, if you know me, you know I enjoy seeing tiny happy 'trick or treaters' who are excited about costumes and candy. And, I love, love, love Christmas!!
So it was a STRANGE night for me:(
I felt like Halloween slipped by me.

Hallmark warps your mind as to which holiday is going on this time of year:( We begin displaying Halloween stuff in August, Thanksgiving and Christmas items show up in September...and gradually Christmas takes over before Halloween!
I have plenty of friends who hate October 31st, but I'm not one of them. Then again, I was being PAID to do one of my favorite things, decorating a Christmas tree. But on Halloween night?
93.9 has been playing Christmas music since November 1st! I LOVE Christmas music, but--- what happened to Thanksgiving??

No comments: