Roseland

Roseland

Music

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Books

These are the books stacked on my nightstand, beside my bed, that I am reading, am in the process of reading gradually, or are to be read:

1. A Breach of Promise, by Anne Perry; am reading now, a mystery!
2. Heaven, by Randy Alcorn; read a little every now and then, a lot to process, but an amazing, powerful book!
3. The Purpose-Driven Life, by Rick Warren; have not finished.
4. God and George W. Bush, by Paul Kengor; only read a third--too dry, but hope to perservere.
5. Chicken Soup for the Caregiver's Soul, by Jack Canfield, Mark Hansen, LeAnn Thieman; read now and again.
6. Ministries of Mercy, by Timothy Keller; read 3/4ths, excellent, but slow going as he gets into practical set-ups at the end.
7. The Screwtape Letters, by C.S. Lewis; had book for years and want to read--just waiting in line!
8. When I Don't Desire God, by John Piper; to be read.
9. Jungle Pilot, by Russell T.Hitt; to be read.
10. Through Painted Deserts, by Donald Miller; to be read.

Books I received as gifts at Christmas, waiting to be read!

11. The Handmaid and the Carpenter, by Elizabeth Berg.
12. Happiness Sold Separately, by Lolly Winston.
13. Miracles, by C.S. Lewis.
14. The Four Love, by C.S. Lewis.
15. The Problem of Pain, by C.S. Lewis.
16. The Years of Pleasure, by Elizabeth Berg.
17. Digging To America, by Anne Tyler.

One that Keith's sister gave him for Christmas, which he's passing on to me:
18. We Die Alone, by David Howarth.

A good literary start to 2007! My job: to finish the unfinished, and read those that are beside me, beckoning to me!

No comments: