Roseland

Roseland

Music

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sunday ponderings

Well, googa mooga!
I am tickled to say this morning was blessedly cool!
So far September is a huge improvement over that miserable August!

Visited my mama this sunny Sunday afternoon, with Keith along. Had a sweet time with her. She was in a good mood & laughed often. She told Keith I was her cousin:) That's bittersweet, but with dementia you take what is good as a gift and go with it. She will turn 86 Friday.

Keith & I spent last week in Pa. visiting his parents. Wish we lived closer to them. I really enjoy their company. Keith's dad will celebrate his 87th birthday Sept. 13th and his mom will turn 85 in November.
A sad, sad note: we are convinced Dad is in the early of Alzheimer's:( Keith's sister & her husband are trying hard to help them. They have generously offered to build on an addition to their home nearby. The problem? Dad refuses, clueless as to what the future holds for him & how hard things are for Mom. (Mom suffers with arthritis and her mobility is quite limited)
Growing old is difficult enough for parents, but for children who desire the best for them, it's extremely stressful when sound reasoning is not involved:(

My mini R&R is coming to a screeching halt tomorrow morning at 9am:( I enjoy my job, but often wonder if I want to continue working 3 to 4 days a week for the next few years.

We have 3 wedding invitations for September! Whoa! And a 60th birthday cook-out & a 50th birthday square dance! And my dear friend Lorraine & I begin a 4 week Pastels class Sept. 12th:)
Fun, fun, fun:)

No comments: