Roseland

Roseland

Music

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Do We Have Joy In This Life?

 
I know two women, devout women of faith, strong & firm in their convictions, who love the LORD.
One is an acquaintance that I admire, one is a dear friend.
They are small in statue but are made of "steel"--no wavering here in what they believe. And each one has a beauty about her.
One is from the North, the other from the South.
They are very intelligent. One is an artist, the other, skilled in the medical field.
Both their homes are beautifully decorated and furnished, & are welcoming to all guests.
They know the WORD of GOD, can lead a Bible study or lecture a women's group, both equally at ease in either scenaro.

But, like many of us, they have at least one thing lacking in their lives.
And the sad thing for these "precious daughters of the Most High" is that they lack JOY in their lives.
Like countless women, they have experienced deep grief, endured sadness, and suffered great disappointments, and they have allowed these dark times to rob them of living in the here and now, victoriously.
They find it hard to be joyful.

Believe me, I have enough faults that I can't list them on this blog in a week's time (maybe more), but I hope & pray I have learned in 50 years plus that we only have one shot at this life on Earth, and even with great sorrows here, we need to have joy. Not necessarily to be smiling or laughing all day long, but to revel in our blessings, in our friends, and in our family (at least keep trying with family!).

If we learn some degree of contentment in the LORD that gives us joy, I think it is one of our greatest lessons here.
I pray these dear ones will find that contentment.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: