Roseland

Roseland

Music

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Skye's Life Adventure Is On

 
This photo was taken at Skye's graduation/going away party
last Friday night.
(Her brothers gave her a digital camera she had been wanting)

My baby girl has planned for this moment & has spread her wings beyond all she knows & loves. She will be spending the summer with lots of kids as a church camp counselor at Ridge Haven, NC.
It's her first summer on her own.
It is a great adventure:)
After she finishes this first adventure, she will return home briefly to catch her breath, then re-group, re-pack, & head to Appalachian State in August as a Junior:) I am so happy for her, am routing for her, am excited for her, but find it isn't easy to adjust to 'day to day' life without her.
But, I will.
Or, I've been told I will.
And I think I will?
In time.....
Right??
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anna said...

If you need an outlet for your motherly-ness, I'll gladly swing by the McFarland house.

(As I said before, you missed the nervous breakdown I had in the middle of Hallmark. I could use some extra lovin'.)

bcMc said...

Dear Anna,
Well, I owe you countless hugs & tlc then girl!! Coming up:)

Anonymous said...

I think I will just go and cry!
So sad...yet happy. Happysad?!

Love, Christy