Roseland

Roseland

Music

Sunday, August 24, 2008

A College Girl

 
Well, this is tough to write. I have such mixed feelings....
Skye is now a resident of Boone, NC.
She decided Appalachian State was her goal about 2 years ago, and, as of Friday, she's in a dorm room getting ready to embark on her final 2 years of college studies.
I am tickled for her:)

These years will be ones she'll always remember with fondness, Lord willing:)
I am excited she's in the mountains, one of my favorite places in all the world:)
I was fortunate enough to live in a beautiful mountainous area when I attended my Jr./Sr. college years (SUNY at New Paltz) & I savored driving through & across the mountains to school every day:)

But, this is a new phase for me, even after her stint as a camp counselor this summer.
The house feels empty again.
Wyatt checks out her room when he can....
I will miss her coming & going, with 'buds' in tow, calling to say where she is & what she's doing:)
Her life will be her own.

I now know why my mama cried often when I married at 19 and moved to the 'wilds' of NY--whoa!! (That's what my sister says she did)

But.....
I have Skype now, & email, & a cell phone, & when I'm feeling like I need to see Skye, I can hop in the Cruiser & go.
How can I be too sad??
She'll be having a grand time figuring out her life, meeting new friends, making life long friends, hiking, biking, going to concerts, studying with buddies, learning countless things book-wise & life-wise....

God be with you, Skye:)
And Mom will be checking in now & then..
.
And--Grandma Robeson would be proud:)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: