Roseland

Roseland

Music

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Our Sat. bike ride; Lake Johnson

 
WELL!
Tonight we struck out to visit Raleigh's Lake Johnson's bike/walking trail.
We traveled a little over 5 miles, but, by the time we finished, we felt like it was at least twice that far!

Our hardest trail, physically, so far.
Lots of hills, but quite pretty:) It feels like Umstead Park because of the large & dense beautiful trees. And so you feel like you're deep in a forest until traffic noise from the beltline reminds you that you're in a big city.

Since we knew part of the terrain was going to be tough for us, we covered the hilly section first. Lots of huffing & puffing, & I had to walk my Navigator up a few hills. Keith's much better at climbing than me so he seldom dismounts his Townie.
(I'll blame my inability on my short legs:))

After looping part of the lake, we ended up trying a trail on the opposite side of Avent Ferry Rd. parking lot, courtesy of some friendly walkers' recommendation. The roadway, although fairly flat, was covered in mulch, which resulted in quite a bit more pedaling than we're used to! The soft surface was hard to maneuver over.

After making it back to the Cruiser, we knew we'd had a workout! We were tired-whew!!
A trail to try again, especially when we've ridden more than once in a week.
I felt pretty rusty.
Too long since last Sunday!!
My knees need to stay tuned up:)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: