Roseland

Roseland

Music

Monday, December 08, 2008

Losing a son

 
I'm just back from Matt Silliman's Memorial Service.
I've been gripped by such deep sadness in his death:( I didn't know him personally but I know his mom & dad. I have tried to wrap my brain around the horrific fact of losing a child, a son:(

Pastor Andy & our Youth Leader Todd spoke precious, powerful, words of comfort.
When a beloved one dies, especially a child, the family yearns for encouraging words.
Today, at Peace, there was an overflow of healing words poured out upon 600+ people.
Did everyone hear it?
Did everyone know what great truth was given?

We need to know that a life cut short was lived well.
Matt's was well lived.

Oh Holy Spirit, comfort this dear family who will sorely miss Matt on this side of Heaven.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: