Roseland

Roseland

Music

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cousin Ruby

 
Today Cousin Ruby was called HOME.
She finished her Earthly journey.
I will miss her greatly!
And she had missed my mama, her closest friend, her cousin Catherene, greatly...

I am sure she and my mama are now re-united and giggling together:)
When my mama forgot my name, she still remembered her best friend & cousin, Ruby....
When Mama died it was harder to break the new to Ruby than anyone else, even my brother:(
They had been playmates and soul mates from their earliest memories.

I was told my grandma "Chrish", tongue in cheek, asked her sister Sally if she would be willing to let her have her daughter Ruby, since she (Chrish) only had one girl (Catherene)and Aunt Sally had 4 (one being Ruby)! And Ruby spent so much time at her and Catherene's anyway:)

As a child and as an adult I knew Ruby as a short, stout, lady of great wit, always laughing and joking, loving to tell tales of mischief she and my mama had concocted. They had another cousin, Sarah Black, (I wrote about her here two years ago) that fell right in with Catherene and Ruby in whatever scheme was being 'cooked up'!! What a threesome:)
I loved being with Ruby. She always talked to me as a child, and I enjoyed hearing her stories. She spoke what was on her mind, don't get me wrong, yet never hurt feelings.
In the last few years she shared often with Christy (my sister) and me how dear Mama was to her, that no one else could understand her like "Catherene".

Ruby has a son, Ronny (a retired teacher & coach), who cared for her faithfully and lovingly. She had been a widow for many years and Ronny was devoted to her, checking in on her daily and caring for her every need.
I grieve with him and his 2 daughters, Dawn and Chrissie (both teachers) and son Matt, who could not have had a more caring, loving, and proud grandmother:)

Ruby was unique; a lady that carried laughter and joy wherever she went, with a love for my mama like no other:)
She was dear to me for that.
I will weep for her.....









Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christy said...

Wonderful words about a wonderful lady. Oh how we will miss her and her wit! She always made me feel so loved! Ruby was a one of a kind, once in a lifetime kind of a friend. She loved her family so much. Ruby will be missed more than is imaginable. Good-bye dear Ruby, until we all meet again.