Roseland

Roseland

Music

Sunday, February 14, 2010

February Fluff

 

Last Friday night, NC had it's second snow fall in about 2 weeks--surprising to most of us:) A soft blanket of wet snow covered everything! Trees, bushes, cars, all were coated with white frosting:)
(The streets stayed relatively clear, so travel was not a problem--just icy spots here & there)

I awoke Saturday morning to a phone call from my manager saying Hallmark would open an hour late. After hopping out of bed I looked out the window to see a glorious white fairy tale world. I knew time was limited so, after getting dressed, Wyatt & I headed out to walk & take pictures---the sun, peeking out faintly, was threatening to melt the soft snow asap.

Our hike was cold & a bit windy, believe me, but oh so beautiful!!

This snowfall was short-lived, but even today, Sunday, I spied a few snowmen, giving testimony to the fact we did have more than a dusting:)

Loved this second 2010 winter 'delight':)
A truly unique winter in our neck of the woods:)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: