Roseland

Roseland

Music

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Well.

Yesterday morning I received a call while at work from my Doctor's office. Ann, Dr. Jordon's nurse, called to give me blood results from lab work done last Tuesday. I'm not crazy about my doctor's office calling me at work to tell me these details. 
They can be upsetting. 
Well, yesterday Ann reported all was well, except--my blood sugar was dangerously high, & I need to get serious about losing weight, exercising more, & watching my diet. She ended by saying Dr. Jordon would see me in November unless I had any problems (our set time).
So, the report wasn't good, dangerously high levels of sugar, but not alarming enough to come in early. 
Unsettling.
It is serious.

I feel like I'm out on a limb with this Diabetes. I can read all kinds of literature. But, bottom line, I have to work out a diet on my own I can live with, a lifestyle I can maintain that will cause me to live longer, period.
I have diet cookbooks, but have gradually lost interest in cooking since my kids left home. It takes a lot of planning & energy. But--that may be what I end up having to learn to do. 
That, & praying, yearning, for self control. And walk, walk, walk!!! And bike, bike, bike!!!




No comments: