Roseland

Roseland

Music

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Getting older

October came in on Sunday, my favorite month.
A month filled with beautiful color and cooler weather, and the Fair! I just love it!

My birth month.

I have worked for a year now at Hallmark and I enjoy my job, but am feeling the aches and pains of being on the down side of my fifth decade. I stand for hours, lift and re-arrange heavy shelves, and move boxes, etc. Like all baby boomers, I fight 'tooth and nail' the idea that I am aging! Having any twinge irks me, even makes me mad:( I try to walk five days a week, and yearn to walk four miles rather than two, but lately my knees are starting to rebel:( In the last few weeks my left knee has been reminding me that I'm not 20 any more--ugh:( Pain wakes me up at night. Pain jabs through my joint when I step down stairs. I am insulted by this. My body is not cooperating.

Now, I'm not one to regret getting older. I am happy to be in my fifties:) I feel better now than, in many ways, I did in the past.
I love seeing my children as happy adults who like each other--- and I love when Keith & I get to spend time with them, I enjoy my dear sweet friends, and I really like the girls I work with (especially my manager), I love my church family, and my extended family:) I look forward to my walks, beginning an art class with my friend Lorraine in a few weeks, finding a great sale, and reading good books.

So, I will take a few Advil and Alieve and keep on trucking.
I am grateful for my 57 years:)
I am blessed.

No comments: