Roseland

Roseland

Music

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tears

As I sat beside my mama over the last ten days, I searched for a poem or a Bible verse for her funeral service.
Towards the end, as I was reading to her, one poem really stood out to me that I thought would be perfect for Mama's service.

And, I say this with much fear and trembling, now and then I felt like it was for me too. But I rejected that because, really, what a selfish thought.

Then the notion that it was for me would return....and finally I realized it was a 'God whisper' telling me how much He loves me. Whoa, that's a powerful, mind-boggling moment! A tearful, knee-melting, awesome, moment! A revelation that He, in the midst of my saying goodbye to my mama, the GREAT I AM, is nudging me to let me know He cares for me, weeps with me, that He lavishes me with the deepest tenderness there can be.....
If we only listen.

And how appropriate when my greatest Earthly supporter and encourager was preparing to leave.....

Oh, how sweet.

No comments: