Roseland

Roseland

Music

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Tis the Season

I was listening to the 102.9 Beatles' hour this morning, and afterwards, "behold", Christmas music began playing! I'm a die-hard Christmas music fan, so this made my day!!
(For those of you who think it's too early, please close your ears:))

At work, at the 'Card' shop, we are not allowed to play music anymore, other than snippets of the Cd's we sell, because of copyright laws:( (Our company would have to pay a yearly royalty fee for each store they own) To me this is an example of laws being taken to the extreme. All the sales associates miss it, and customers miss out on one of joyful and uplifting parts of the Christmas season.

So I will tune in to 102.9 and listen to my iPod to get my holiday inspiration, and hope we get to hear beautiful Christmas music in public somewhere this time of year. Keep your ears open!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you not even play Christmas music from the radio at work?

bcMc said...

Actually I mentioned that to my manager & she's going to ask the owner...I'll keep you posted.