Roseland

Roseland

Music

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

September

September brings a promise of relief from the relentless summer heat & new beginnings.
In reality, here in NC the relief finally arrives by mid October. But September has it's cool mornings & evening sprinkled throughout the month, so it does give us a taste of fall:)
Harvest decorations begin to appear; pumpkins & dried arrangements.
Farms offer hay rides & mazes to explore.
College begins.
Traditional school begins.
Exciting new beginnings:)

September is my 'favorite' father in law's (Ken) birthday, one of my dearest friend's (Jeannette) birthday, one of my precious Bible study sister's (Angela) birthday, & my 'favorite' sister's (Christy) birthday--fun stuff:)

And my Mama's birthday is September 7th.
This year will be the first year without her. That brings back many memories....& makes me miss her.
Last year this time I was driving to visit her almost weekly, and as I drove down I would try to figure out what I'd do to entertain her that day or where to take her for lunch. Driving back I often cried. It was emotionally draining.

Now & then my brother Lindsay would join us at a local fast food restaurant or at John's Seafood--he wanted to see Mama but hated to go into Carolina House.

Her best friend, her cousin Ruby, misses Mama terribly and suggested having lunch, so, barring Tropical Storm Hannah barreling straight through the Raleigh area, I'm planning to pick her up Sat. morning in Sanford & take her to Aberdeen to meet my sister & have lunch, in memory of Mama. (I'll have to check the weather tonight to see whether I should re-schedule or not)

And since I mentioned my dear father in law Kenny, (who will be 88 on the 13th) he is struggling with Alzheimer's now:(
I probably have mentioned that here before.
It's a curse.
My dear mother in law, Jessie Mae, struggles with caring for him, especially since she had arthritis in her hips & ankles.
Old age is tough.
Keith's sister Jean & hubby Ken are remodeling their garage into an efficiency apartment for them & hope to have it ready by Christmas.
All of the Mc clan are hopeful this will be a 'gift' for them; that life will be a bit easier. Blessings on the Carson clan:)

Things change, time passes.
September brings to mind memories & reflection, and hope.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Next week marks a year since I lost my precious friend and "little brother" Jeffrey. He was a Marine and a son and brother and fiance and just a wonderful person all around.

It's like the months in the year, though -- the fall leads to the winter to the spring. So our seasons lead us to new things, and we are blessed to know that we will someday experience our own rebirth and get to see them again !