Roseland

Roseland

Music

Monday, October 27, 2008

A fine beach weekend!

 
Last Friday afternoon Keith & I headed east to visit my childhood friend Judy & her husband JE at their pretty beach house on Oak Island. Our friend Linda & her husband Dean were meeting us also. The three of us grew up within a few miles of one another in the Sandhills of NC, in the community of Roseland (near Aberdeen) where pine trees flourish & tobacco used to be king.

I married Keith at 19 & moved to NY for a brief time, returning to NC & settling in the Raleigh area in 1973 when Keith was transferred by IBM.
Judy married Keith's Army cohort Bob for a time, then after divorcing years ago, married JE Bost, a good friend from high school:) She stayed primarily in the Aberdeen area throughout the last 40 years. After marrying JE they began buying property on Long Beach.
Linda, on the other hand, married Dean, a fellow classmate of mine, in 1970 or 1971. Dean joined the Air Force, & after finishing NC State, they traveled the world till about 10 years ago when they returned to Roseland to build a home.
All these dates are "guess-timates". I'm sure Judy & Linda will set me straight if I'm wrong:)!

This weekend we just talked, ate, walked, biked, talked, us girls shopped, the guys watched football, talked some more, & we ate seafood Sat. night (except Keith).

I must brag on Judy; she cooks a 'mean' breakfast, I'm telling you! Yum:)
I think she runs the best B&B I know of:)
A brunch both mornings; Saturday--breakfast casserole (Keith's favorite), grits, homemade bread, coffee, & ham biscuits added on the menu Sunday morning. We sat around each morning, leisurely, catching up on everybody's news.

It's so good to fall back into comfortable friendships--those that know you & your family as well as you yourself--maybe better!

(See February 2008 blogs for our previous trip to visit J&JE)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: