Roseland

Roseland

Music

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What Will 2010 Bring--January


A swing.
Inviting.
Empty though.
But full of promise.

This year is already bringing changes for me.
I mentioned in an email to my manager Yvonne that I'd been considering cutting back my 3 day job to 2, not knowing for sure if it was the thing to do, left it at that, then this week she asked if I still was interested in trying it.

I said yes.

Rewind: November & December were tough for me. I love, love, Christmas, but found myself constantly dreaming of getting more sleep--sinus stuff dragging me down, working hard in Cardland, shopping, no time to bake, propping my eyes open during the Christmas Eve Service, no time to enjoy things. By Christmas afternoon, I was headed for exhaustion & a sinus infection--not a good way to end 2009:(

Fast forward: The 2010 Hallmark plan is to work 9-5 two days a week (one being Monday), add on one Saturday a month, additional days when special projects need done, plus sub for other daytime co-workers when possible.

Keith's not sure about this.
I'm afraid I didn't even discuss it with him, & he's my sounding board--not sure how that happened:( I think he's fretting that I'll spend as much, yet will not be bringing home as much.
I admit I do have some self control issues, especially with food & shopping:( Things I need to work on.

But, the thought of having one more day "unscheduled" makes me feel "freer" already:)
Googa mooga, maybe I'll even paint again!

Or, spend some time on a swing:)

Will keep you posted:)







Posted by Picasa

No comments: