Roseland

Roseland

Music

Friday, January 01, 2010

Christmastime 2009 Ponderings on New Year's Day

 
Photo: Christmas Brunch

I am writing this on the 2010 side of Christmas, but all the Christmas decorations, gifts, trees, are still surrounding me, calling to me to put them away.
I am trying to recoup from a sinus infection that had been slowly brewing most of the fall. I'm afraid I was determined to survive till Christmas, then afterward, with my guard down, I just gave in to physical & mental fatigue.
Wednesday I finally saw my doctor who recommended a regiment to get me back to normal:) Antibiotics are the last solution these days, but am thinking they are in my future, like today!

Christmas Eve was such a busy day since Skye & I both worked. Afterward we picked up subs for supper, then attended the 8pm Christmas Eve Service at Peace. I was so tired I have no idea what Rev. McFarland said--not good:(
Christmas morning was calm & quiet, a sweet time with the family.
Cameron, Seth & Kelley, and Skye were all here:) Three Three & Wyatt were so excited to be together & play & scout for food:) Gifts galore. Food galore, even a bit of Christmas wine:)
By 1pm Seth & Kelley & Three left for their second Christmas with the Wests, and Skye, Wyatt, & I headed straight for a nap--heavenly!

In hindsight, I had assumed visiting Keith's mom & dad & all the Mc's at Thanksgiving was a good idea, but--with mid Nov. through Dec. being the busiest time in retail, Skye facing papers & projects being due & her exams around the corner, Keith ending up having gall bladder surgery the exact same time as Janie's & Louise's visit (both rare indeed!) Dec. 8/9, finishing shopping, not have time to bake, not sending Christmas cards till Christmas Eve & later, I resolve to keep it more simple next year. One way will be to take off work after the rush--we enjoy going to Pa. after Christmas; a much more relaxed time:) Another is to ask off Christmas Eve--it's not good when you can't soak in the meaning of the Season. Thirdly, it'll be easier for Skye next Christmas with a school schedule & work in Boone as well (hopefully) to be off after Christmas Day.

Life is too short to rush here & there & simply yearn for enough rest. I felt like I couldn't get a deep breath some days:(
Should I re-schedule my part time work in 2010? Should I work two days a week instead of three? Should I pare down my church volunteer time?? If so, what should I give up??
I pray for wisdom & discernment, & plenty of vacation time in this new year:) Keith, where are we going first? Boone in January? A girls' weekend in NYC in May? Sounds good so far:)



Posted by Picasa

No comments: