Roseland

Roseland

Music

Sunday, August 06, 2006

A joyful wedding shower

Yesterday, Saturday, I co-hosted a wedding shower for a dear friend's daughter. What a sweet time. Mary, a friend of my dear friend, offered her home for the event. She is someone I'd met only a few times previously but, during the course of planning the event, have found her to be a delightful and humble person:)
Her home is brand new and is a ways from the Cary, Apex area. Located beyond the Raleigh city limits, up Creedmore Road, Mary's subdivision is set among horse farms, pastures, and many trees, making the last leg of the trek over so peaceful and calm after driving through city traffic:) Actually, I must add I love the pastures on Edward's Mill Road too:)

Wedding showers are usually a time of fun and joy, and this was no exception:) The chicken salad, rolls, and fruit were delicious, as well as the cake from Cary's Blue Moon Bakery (let me recommend them here and now--yum:)). The bride opened many beautiful and practical gifts (I LOVE to watch gifts being opened!) and all the ladies chit-chatted freely.
Friends and family rejoice to see the couple tie the knot:) Both moms like one another and have grown to be friends:) What a blessing!
My dear friend's husband, and the father of the bride, died a year ago---far too young:( He is sorely missed, but the happiness of a wedding is like a precious balm of Gilead. Don't you know he must be smiling:)

No comments: