Roseland

Roseland

Music

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Wedding in August

Keith & I are facing our 37th wedding anniversary this week. Our wedding day was one of the hottest, stickiest, most humid days you can imagine! And there was no air conditioning in that tiny country church--ugh! We all sweltered!!
I rode to Roseland church in Keith's mom and dad's camper. Now, not everybody gets to do that! And there was no reception afterwards--that's one regret I have. It just wasn't done back then in rural NC.
We had the cake cutting after the rehearsal the night before, which my aunt & uncle graciously hosted:) Now that was a fun night:) All my college friends and childhood friends were there. All that comes to mind today about that evening is laughing myself silly:) I'll have to ask Keith what he can recall.

I remember when we celebrated my mama and daddy's 40th, and thought that 40 years were SO MANY YEARS! We took them to the Raleigh Dinner Theater at RTP, had a delicous buffet dinner, and watched a play about a radio program. Sadly, my daddy didn't live to celebrate their 50th:( That was one of the comments I remember my mama saying on the day Daddy died, that "We didn't make it to our 50th":(

Keith & I plan to go to a neat cabin near West Jefferson the second weekend in August. Sweet friends own this heavenly spot overlooking the river:)
The mountains are where we honeymooned 37 years ago. That much Keith & I got right--the mountains are the place to be in hot, hazy August!

No comments: