Roseland

Roseland

Music

Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Sunday morning

It's a bright August Sunday morning. Keith's at Peace, has been there since 7:30, to run the sound for the first service. Skye is up and gone as well, to check out the new College and Career leader, Tim, and his Sunday School class.

I'm taking time to catch up on answering my emails and read at least one article in the N&O. That article tells of a group of friends traveling through Scotland this summer. Included is a photo from the Isle of Skye.
It brings back fond memories of our 30th anniversary trip to England and Scotland in August of 1999. In reality, I had hoped, planned, and wanted to go there all my life. My mama talked about the Blues and the Stewarts and beautiful Scotland, especially the Isle of Skye, since I was old enough to remember! And with both sets of our families from that area of the world, it was a destination Keith and I hoped to see in our lifetime.

The plane trip itself from Pittsburgh to Heathrow was amazing to me, a girl that has traveled by air only a handful of times in my 56 years! But the pastoral scenery and quaint villages and large cities were far more beautiful and intriguing than I ever imagined---the land of poets and preachers.
It made me ponder what had forced so many people who loved their homeland (that 'fair' land) so dearly, to leave it and sail across the ocean never to see it, or their families, again....? A heart-rending choice:(

A place I hope to see again with Skye Chancel and Keith (plus Cameron, Seth & Kelley if they want to go)----on a bright August day:)

No comments: