Roseland

Roseland

Music

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Peace & Quiet

Well, yesterday I took Alfie, my surviving cockatiel, to my sister's house in Aberdeen. My brother in law has a family relation who wants a bird and is very excited about getting a bird--she's just retired and will dote on him:) I am pleased:)

Alfie was my niece's bird until she left home last summer and couldn't take him with her. I thought Skyebird would enjoy a companion. They seemed to exist peacefully together. I think Alfie liked Skyebird better than Skyebird liked him.

After Skyebird passed away a few weeks ago, Alfie seemed to be okay, although he never sat on Skyebird's side of the cage, and every now and then, he'd screech like Skyebird. Once in a while he'd sound like he was fighting with himself--weird.
He loved singing to his mirror:)
I had placed a songbird clock above the cage long before Alfie arrived. Skyebird ignored it. Alfie emulated it--he could do every song!! Skyebird was a grump (to everyone but me), but Alfie would sing to anyone; he'd even wake up singing:)
Such a cheerful fella!

So the singing we will miss. He was a happy camper during his brief stay with us:) And now our house is so quiet!
Happy trails to Alfie.

No comments: